Easy Ways to Improve Your Skin
- Posted on: Dec 15 2019
We only get one skin-suit to wear throughout our lifetime, and it is responsive to all internal and external stimulation that goes on day after day. To keep the skin healthy and attractive is a massive responsibility. One that many of us don’t realize until the signs of damage and aging have begun to appear. Not to worry, science has discovered many ways to support the skin at any age. To do so doesn’t only improve cosmetic appearance, but also helps the skin to perform its functional duty of protecting deeper tissues from invaders.
We offer several cosmetic procedures in our Aurora medical spa. A few popular options include:
- Chemical peels. The skin has multiple layers through which new cells are produced and pass through to get to the surface. Once cells arrive on the epidermis, they often already show the signs of damage. Also, cellular debris often doesn’t like to let go. Chemical peels are gentle exfoliating treatments that remove cellular debris, as well as oil and bacteria that clog pores and dull complexion.
- For a minimally-invasive treatment, microneedling packs a punch for damaged, aging skin. This treatment is performed to bring more collagen into the upper layers of skin. Collagen is a healing protein that removes imperfections like discoloration and scars. It also firms the skin to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. To boost the collagen in your skin, schedule microneedling.
- Laser facial. Our laser facial delivers wavelengths of light to the epidermis to provoke immediate change. Much less aggressive than laser skin resurfacing, a laser facial is excellent for discoloration, even rosacea.
- We can’t talk about improving the appearance of the skin without mentioning Botox. This injectable reduces muscle contractions that cause problems like frown lines, sagging brows, and crow’s feet.
- Volume loss is one of the primary factors that contribute to the signs of aging. Fillers are commonly used to correct undereye bags, lines and creases, and mild jowls. No signs of aging just yet? Try fillers for lip or cheek enhancement.
Posted in: Medical Skincare